Someone pointed out that I never gave the answers to these quotes… my bad. I am a meathead! So, here’s the quotes with who said them.
1. “I don’t have a problem with drugs. I have a problem with police.”
Keith Richards. Now it seems he’s got problems with his kids asking him for weed…
2. “Man, I was tame compared to what they do now. Are you kidding? I didn’t do anything but just jiggle.”
Elvis Presley… ya, he could jiggle though… back in the day they would only film him from the waist up. Times have changed.
3. “I got a pet monkey called Charlie Chan” (I love this one!)
Jimmi Hendrix. I’ve searched the net for pics but can’t find one of him and “Charlie Chan”.. if you have one, please share!
4. “I think young people should have a lot of fun. But I never seem to have any.”
Syd Barrett of Pink Floyd…seems he was on that downward spiral early on… Shine on you crazy diamond!
5. “I told people I was a drummer before I even had a set, I was a mental drummer.”
Keith Moon… and when you finally got a set, you went mental with it… One of the best ever!
6. “The only performance that makes it, that makes it all the way is the one that achieves madness.”
Mick Jagger. Go see them in concert and see what he means.
7. “The right to be irresponsible and stupid is something I hold very dear. And luckily it is something I do well.”
Bono. I understand completely as I do it better than him!
8. “I keep telling people: Don’t make me the poster boy for AA because I don’t know a lot about sobriety, but I do know a lot about drinking.”
Billy Joel… “the microphone smells like a beer.” Should have seen it coming… you played in bars half your life.
9. “People, whether they know it or not, like their blues singers miserable. They like their blues singers to die afterwards.”
Janis Joplin. How sadly prophetic… just think of what she may have sung for us!
10. “Where’s your will to be weird?”
Jim Morrison…. say no more… but, where is your will to be weird?